Through this class, I have learned that
- The silly writing that I do on the Internet has real-world demand and application. (If done well.)
- There’s really no topic that’s off-limits. (Previously I would have ideas and then be like “No. Nobody writes about that.”)
- Getting published is hard, but not some far-off dream so remote that it’s more plausible and practical to plan a trip to Mars.
- Heavy sadness and anger can be molded and polished into eloquent, humorous, well-thought-out rants on the page.
- Some people do give a shit about what I have to say.
- I do not have to be afraid.
Knowing these things does not necessarily make writing easier, but it does make it a much bigger adventure.